anything that can go wrong will go wrong
Sometimes, I have found, it's best to embrace Murphy's Law and get on with your day. With merely hours separating us from the end of the cruelest year in my memory, here are my words (plagiarized) to you.
Looking back at the events of 2020, it is difficult to admit the positive points, but they are there buried amid the rubbish. Here is mine:
1. I was published in two anthologies.
2. I had the opportunity to enroll in two phenomenally helpful writing venues: Inkers con and Ninja Writers.
3. The MS Gym entered my life, which is extremely beneficial when I can force myself to participate:)
4. I've caught up on my reading and exhausted my Netflix list.
5. I'm developing a five year Life Goal List and plan to implement it. (Really. Honestly. Absolutely. It's gonna happen. Squirrel!)
This brings me to my immediate purpose before the clock strikes midnight. I am forgoing resolutions this year in lieu of goals.
*Open a business bank account and treat my writing as s business.
* Establish a working e-mail list and design a writer newsletter to share with interested readers.
* Begin blogging about living with multiple sclerosis on Medium.
* Finish current manuscript and get it in the hands of Headline Books.
* Write two moire Chu5rch of Go novels.
* Re-introduce the Wow and Viola! trilogy on KDP.
* Continue MS Gym. My goal here is to get rid of the AFO, so I don't have to worry about finding a proper pair of shoes to wear with it. If you know me, you are aware of my foot apparel struggles.
* Read 100 books in 2021.
I really believe these goals are achievable regardless of my techie angst.
For now, I need to prepare for this evening's events WVU against Army (Yea, I know. weird, right?)in the Liberty Bowl Game at 4:00 and bringing in the New Year with the only friends we've safely hung out with since April afterward. Pizza and wings sound good to you?
Happy New Year!
Lisa, Lady with the Cane